7. Growing as a Husband
A 5 POINT ACTION PLAN
Re – invest in the most important relationship you have on earth.
- Pray and ask God and yourself – what do I need to do first? What do I wnat to change/grow in my marriage?
- Write down your reflections and pray them through for a week .
- Then – start with this website www.stronglovingman.com. If you haven’t got a list of wants or actions you will have plenty after a little bit of browsing on this site.
- Make and action plan and prayerfully begin to execute it.
- Talk to wise men/brothers who know you well for wisdom and support. And of course there is a right time to talk deeply with your wife about growing together and where you are trying to go. Its a TEAM sport!
People express and receive love in different ways. Dr. Gary Chapman identifies these as the five languages of love: Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. If you express love toward others in a way they don’t understand, they will not realize you ve expressed your love at all. The problem is that you re speaking different languages. Abridged version of the New York Times bestselling title. Gary Chapman, Ph.D., a well-known marriage counselor and director of marriage seminars, is the best-selling author of The Five Love Languages. He has also authored top sellers The Five Love Languages of Children, The Five Love Languages of Teenagers, The Other Side of Love, Loving Solutions, Five Signs of a Loving Family, Parenting Your Adult Child, Toward a Growing Marriage, and Hope for the Separated.
For help healing your marriage after an affair………http://www.affairhealing.com/